A Very Busy Three Days & Plans For A Vintage Fair Jubilee Garden Party

Colours From A Bygone Age

I will start this post with these pretty maps which I guess are from the 50s/60s when roads were much quieter than they are today. I found them when I was in Buckingham on Friday, it was a lovely sunny afternoon and I was visiting the venue for the forthcoming 1st Buckingham Vintage Fair. In between Market Hill and the High Street is a very nice little vintage clothes shop run by Fenella. I found the maps upstairs in 'Fox Vintage'.

Clovelly?

I really liked the colourful images and the prominent ESSO emblem. I also found this wool turtle neck sweater in Fox Vintage, I resisted buying it but will not if it is still there where I go back next week.
I also found a great butchers (strange as I am vegetarian) which sold really good homemade cakes, I took two huge madeira buns filled with cream and jam home.

St Michael Turtle Neck

I handed out a few posters for the fair which is taking place at The Old Town Hall on 1st April and then met with Louise from the Villiers Hotel to view the venue. The very positive way in which the Villiers Hotel (it is they who own and manage the Old Town Hall)  have received the fair has been very encouraging. The name Villiers is synonymous with the favourite of King Charles 1 who was made first Duke of Buckingham (an elevation so despised by parts of the country that Civil War and regicide were to follow).

The Old Town Hall In Buckingham

The fair will be taking place upstairs in the grand ballroom. The stalls will be selling original vintage home wares and ephemera, handmade items and vintage clothing and accessories. There will be an old style tea shop for tea and cakes. The Old Town Hall is right in the middle of town.

The Blue Lamp

This lovely old police light hangs outside The Old Gaol Museum in Buckingham which has a wonderful exhibition of work of Flora Thompson of Lark Rise To Candleford fame.

The Old Gaol Museum In Buckingham

The Old Gaol Museum is a stones throw away from the Old Town Hall. Before leaving for Buckingham I made a call to put into action an idea I had been developing for a little while. I arranged a meeting with the manager of the Spinney Hill in Northampton, to take place the following morning.

The Spinney Hill In Northampton

I met with the really friendly, helpful and resourceful Grace. I had a look around and could imagine what the garden of this lovely pub will look like in May. Construction of the Spinney Hill began in 1929 and the building retains most of its 1930s features, lending itself perfectly to our Vintage Fair & Jubilee Garden Party on 26th May. I will provide more details once I have completed the poster. I spent the remainder of the day trying to change the appearance of this blog, I hope you like the changes, there will soon be tabs to enable visitors to navigate around the different fairs and events.

Easter Bunnies

Finally to the third of my very busy three days mentioned in the title of this post. On Thursday I returned to Olney to view the church hall of the Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul. I called into one of the towns charity shops and found this  little print of rabbits in a spring scene.

St Peter & St Paul Church Rooms In Olney

The pretty church hall of St peter and St Paul, new home to the Olney Vintage Fair, where we will be for the 3rd Olney Vintage Fair on 5th May.

Hope to see you all at one of the fairs soon.

Comments

Popular Posts