The Sunny Streets Of Buckingham

From A Car Boot In Northampton On Saturday

I called into a local car boot in Kingsley, Northampton on Saturday. I found a few things including a book from the 20s, I liked this image of St Pauls.

The Canopy Above The Door Of The Old Town Hall

Today I had a nice afternoon driving down to Buckingham to complete some preparation for Sundays fair in The Old Town Hall. The Building stands on the corner of Castle Street and Market Square.

The Venue For Sunday's Fair

I met with staff at the venue and checked the room plan and realised I have to borrow some tables for the fair, which will provide me with an excuse to make an additional trip down to this interesting market town. There is a twice weekly traditional market in Buckingham, it was full of people when I arrived.

Still There 

As I left Buckingham I was pleased to see posters still in the positions I left them when I visited last week. I headed off to Old Wolverton as I wanted to call into G'dads collectibles, it is beside the canal in Galleon Wharf, only to be disappointed - they are closed on Tuesdays! I took a few snaps of the old enamel advertising signs which decorated the walls outside.

I Like Old Signs

By this time the sun was as high in the sky as it can get in March so I headed back to Buckingham via Stoney Stratford.

I Would Like Some Enamel Signs
To Advertise Our Fairs

I had a wander around the charity shops in Stoney but did not find anything but I did spot some interesting graffiti/art on a number of walls and a phone-box.

Humphrey Bogart?

I think this is Humphrey Bogart. Even more striking is this mural painted on a concrete pillar on a roundabout on the road from Stoney Stratford to Buckingham.

Edie Sedgwick Or Twiggy

At first glance I was sure that it was Twiggy (the Sassoon hair and turtle neck) but then wondered if it might be Edie Sedgwick, associate of Andy Warhol's Factory. Either way it is an  image of iconic 60s glitterati. A few minutes later I was back in Buckingham, everywhere was bathed in sunshine. I called into Port Vintage who will be selling at the fair on Sunday.

Port Vintage For Fab Vintage Clothes For Ladies
Upstairs Is Fox Vintage For Men

After a cream tea in a lovely little tea shop near the Old Gaol Museum I returned to the car and drove into the late afternoon sun back to Northampton.

Sunday 1st April 11-4

I will be back in Buckingham on Saturday to set the tables for Sundays fair. Hope to see you on Sunday. 

Comments

Popular Posts